Dr. Stanley K. Ridgley – Strategic Thinking Skills
2012 | English | 8.05 GB | 12:00:00 | 640×480 | AVI | MPEG4 – 1.2 Mbitps | MP3 – 128 Kbitps 44 KHz
Genre: Strategic Thinking Skills, E-Learning
Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill, one that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional and personal projects you’re involved in. It involves setting goals, developing long-range plans, anticipating the unexpected, analyzing your environment, and even cooperating with your competitors. The only catch: Strategic thinking doesn’t come naturally. Because most of us are static thinkers who tend to make decisions only for today, strategic thinking skills have to be learned, cultivated, practiced, and applied.”
01. The World of Strategic Thinking
02. The Origins, and Relevance of Ancient Strategy
03. The Dawn of Modern Strategic Thinking
04. Modern Principles of Strategic Conflict
05. Geography-Know Your Terrain
06. Grand Strategists, and Strategic Intent
07. The Core, and the Rise of Strategic Planning
08. Which Business Strategy Fundamental Choices
09. Your Competitive Advantage-Find the Blue Ocean
10. Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats
11. Avoid the Pathologies of Execution
12. Tactics of Combat as Problem-Solving Tools
13. Shock of the New-Inflection Points
14. Surprise! Perils, and Power of Strategic Deception
15. The Sources, and Uses of Reliable Intelligence
16. Move, and Countermove-The Theory of Games
17. The Evolution of Cooperation
18. When Strategy Breaks Down
19. Leverage Cognitive Psychology for Better Strategy
20. Strategic Intuition, and Creative Insight
21. From Systemic Problems to Systemic Solutions
22. Seize the Future with Scenario Analysis
23. The Correlation of Forces, Luck, and Culture
24. Strategic Thinking as a Way of Life
The only catch: Strategic thinking doesn’t come naturally. Because most of us are static thinkers who tend to make decisions only for today, strategic thinking skills have to be learned, cultivated, practiced, and applied.
Mastering the art, and craft of strategic thinking can help you
– increase your productivity, and satisfaction at work, and at home.
– make savvier decisions, and outsmart your competitors with greater confidence, and ease; and
– impose a stronger sense of order on chaotic, disorderly projects and scenarios;
– plan more effectively with an eye for avoiding unpleasant surprises;
Explore the Strategic Thinker’s Tool Box
Strategic thinking is a way of looking at the world with engagement and purpose in mind, and with a more solid understanding of the complex systems and environments of which you’re a part. But what makes for successful strategic thinking
Principles of conflict: Throughout history, soldiers and scholars ranging from Sun Tzu to Napoleon have attempted to develop principles of conflict that tend to overlap in some surprising ways. You’ll follow the development of strategic theory from its roots in great military campaigns to its modern applications in business, meeting some of the great minds who helped shape our understanding of strategic thinking.
Tools of strategy, and analysis: Strategic thinking equips you with a range of tools that can help you plan for, and meet the future with greater confidence. Knowing how to wield tools-such as the five basic types of surprises- can aid your understanding of the forces that shape our future, and can help you make sense of a rapidly changing world.
Learn How to Use Strategic Tools, and Tricks
Along the way, you’ll get an intimate look at how some of history’s greatest strategic thinkers, including Steve Jobs, John F. Kennedy, Napoleon Bonaparte, Vince Lombardi, and Abraham Lincoln, approached situations, applied their knowledge and skills to setting long-term goals, and even dodged (and sometimes failed to dodge) common pitfalls in strategic thinking and planning.
Develop Your Strategic Personality
As an expert in global business policies, competitive intelligence, and advanced strategic business strategies, Professor Ridgley is the perfect instructor to guide you through this intriguing and undeniably fascinating subject. His skills at breaking down the complex parts of strategic theories, at revealing the individual steps of some of history’s greatest strategic victories (and blunders), and at inspiring people to apply the principles and tools of strategic thinking to all aspects of their everyday lives are sure to impress you.
Purchase premium accounts in order to enjoy unlimited downloads with resuming support
***If link dead, please leave a message, we will update immediately***