Felix Dennis – How To Get Rich [Unabridged 11 MP3]
HOW TO GET RICH
The Unabridged Audio Version of the Book
One of the World’s Greatest
Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets
By Felix Dennis
“I went from being a pauper—a hippie dropout on welfare living in a crummy room without the proverbial pot to piss in, without even the money to pay the rent, without a clue as to what to do next—to being rich. And I am certainly no business genius, as my rivals will happily and swiftly confirm. Yet the odd thing is, I’ve ended up far richer than most of my rivals.” So says publishing magnate Felix Dennis in his book, How to Get Rich: One of the World’s Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets (Portfolio; June 12, 2008; Hardcover; $25.95). It’s not traditional dialogue for a business book, but Felix’s path to building a publishing empire wasn’t exactly traditional.
Dennis, the founder of Maxim, started out as a college dropout and went on to become one of the 100 richest individuals in the U.K. HOW TO GET RICH highlights his experience building the businesses that generated his substantial wealth and provides aspiring entrepreneurs with advice on how they can become really rich themselves.
Dennis is not only renowned for his business savvy, but for his refreshing candor as well. The no-nonsense delivery of his insights throughout HOW TO GET RICH makes it not only informative, but thoroughly engaging and entertaining as well. Here are some of Dennis’ declarations from HOW TO GET RICH:
* On Luck—”My advice concerning luck is to laugh in the face of the Lady when she presents herself. Take what you will of her bounty and act swiftly to take advantage of good fortune. But never thank her for it. And forget her the moment she leaves to seek another victim.”
* On the Importance of Ownership—”Never, never, never, never hand over a single share of anything you have acquired or created if you can help it. Nothing. Not one share. To no one. No matter what the reason—unless you genuinely have to.”
* On Delegation Being Key—”Let me put it this way. The work undertaken by your colleagues and employees is more important than your work. Your job is merely to lead, perhaps just to point in the right direction.”
* On Hiring—”Human capital is by far the most important element of your environment, whether you are just starting up or deep into the game. By focusing hard on obtaining that human capital you will vastly increase your chances of becoming rich. Stupid people are easy to hire. The world is full of stupid people. Many of them are extremely pleasant and will give you a lovely smile every morning. But such people will not add to your wealth. In the early days, you should avoid them like the bubonic plague. What you need are clever, cunning, and adept people.”
* On What it Takes to Get Rich—”The truth is that getting rich means sacrifice. And the worst of it is, it isn’t always you that’s doing the sacrificing. You must get used to that, or give up the quest. This is not a calling for the fainthearted. There is no shame in turning away. After all, if everyone was prepared to make the necessary sacrifices, who would be left to work for my own companies?”
These quotes are just a sample of the straightforward and practical advice that Dennis offers readers. The combination of Dennis’ business savvy, experience, and candor provides entrepreneurs with the tools and insights needed to embark on their own journey to amassing immense wealth. As Dennis says, “Let’s get rich!”
About the Author:
Felix Dennis is the chairman of Dennis Publishing and the founder of Maxim, one of the most successful new magazines of the last decade. His privately owned company publishes The Week, Auto Express, Computer Shopper, and Evo, among many other magazines. He has written several volumes of poetry that have been performed live onstage by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Dennis’s other interests include commissioning bronze sculpture, breeding rare pigs, and avoiding business meetings. He has homes in London, Stratford-upon-Avon, New York City, Connecticut, and the Caribbean island of Mustique.
Purchase premium accounts in order to enjoy unlimited downloads with resuming support
***If link dead, please leave a message, we will update immediately***